See ya later Vegas


I woke up to this beautiful sunrise on my last day in Vegas.


View from our room at the Luxor. I think they might need to clean the windows. ūüôā

The chiropractic convention was located in Mandalay Bay so we walked a ton, which I never mind but I was dressed up the first two days and my feet were throbbing so today I went for comfort.

I had a chance to break in my new nike Pegasus shoes my husband bought me for Christmas. I love them!


I stared at them all day and took a few pics. I know, kinda weird.

We had lunch at Hussongs Cantina located in the shoppes at Mandalay Bay.


Check out that vegan menu!

Although they had a great vegan menu I chose the chiliquiles from the regular menu. I didn’t realize they had¬†vegan chilaquiles until later! lol.¬†I’ll blame the oversight on my lack sleep.

They were ok but I couldn’t eat much. It must have been my excitement of coming home.
Yes that’s an egg. #vegetarian

This is how much I didn’t eat. Normally I get a “to go” box¬† but in this case, I couldn’t.

 After lunch was a couple more learning sessions. I enjoyed learning so much while we were there but at this point, my brain was overloaded and I was missing home.
¬†I left the seminar 30 minutes early to catch my flight back¬†home. My boss and his wife¬†were¬†staying one more night but I couldn’t bare to. I craved my own bed badly.

Here I am at the Las Vegas Airport waiting for my flight to board and then in all sunk in. I have not been on a plane in 18 years! Yes, 18 years! I was about 18 when I last flew. I know, I don’t get out much.


Taking deep breathes as I walked in


My nerves only got worse as the plane started to take off. All I could do was focus on my breathing and pray. The whole time I kept thinking “I’m never doing this again”


This view of Vegas was pretty and somewhat calming at the time.

The flight was only 45 minutes home. It was scary at the time but I’m so glad I did it. I tend to live in a shell avoiding anything that’s uncomfortable so I am proud of myself for going on this trip for 4 days and flying alone.

My husband and son were there to pick me up when I landed and I was beyond excited to see them. This was the first time I have ever been away from my family that long.

I came home to a very clean house which made me happy. Little did I know my husband woke up early that day and spent the day cleaning for my arrival. Awww.

Even though it was hard to be away from home, it was a good learning experience for all of us. I learned how to step out of my comfort zone and my husband said how much he appreciates everything I do for our family and around the house ūüôā

I’ll most likely fly again but next time it will be for pleasure.

How do you feel about flying? Or travel for that matter.

Thanks for reading.




Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s